The goal of every entrepreneur is to improve their business. This generally means better sales and higher earnings while reducing costs. It sounds perfect, but in practice, one often encounters numerous obstacles.
Entrepreneurs often find themselves in a situation where, although they have an excellent service or a product that is affordable, high-quality, and available, they cannot improve their company and take it to a higher level.
In addition to the widespread ads aimed at online search engines and display ads that appear on various websites, more attention should definitely be paid to YouTube advertising.
How did the video as a medium conquer the internet?
The emergence of smart mobile devices has irreversibly changed the habits of both Internet users and consumers. Just a few years ago, most people still used desktop computers to access the Internet, but the situation began to change in 2016.
With the advent of smartphones, the penetration of video began. The average internet user spends 16 hours watching different video content every week. If we add to that the fact that just 2 years ago the number of those people was 52% lower, we can easily come to the conclusion at what speed this medium is progressing. (Source: Wordstream )
Videos from the consumer's point of view:
- Videos on social networks are shared 1200% more than text and images combined
- People remember 95% of content from videos, and only 10% when reading text
- 96% of Internet users watched a video presenting a product or service before making a purchase
- 86% of customers want to see more videos in which a company is advertised
- 64% of people make a purchase after watching a brand video
Videos from the business angle:
- 51% of marketing professionals claim that video is the best ROI as an advertising method
- 87% of online marketers use video content in their campaigns
- Marketers who use video in advertising manage to earn up to 49% more than those who do not use this format
- Marketing campaigns that include video have 34% more sales than those that don't
- 84% of marketers claim that video has helped them increase their leads
When we take into account the above data, we can easily come to the conclusion that video is the dominant and favorite format, both among users and professionals involved in digital marketing.
Why is YouTube the best place to advertise?
- The YouTube platform has over 2.3 billion logged-in monthly users (which means there are probably more
- People watch over a billion hours of video every day
- 70% of users use a mobile phone to watch content
- 90% of people learn about new products on YouTube
- 70% of users buy a product because they learned about it through a video
- 62% of companies have a YouTube channel where they regularly upload videos
These statistics undoubtedly imply that the YouTube platform is an excellent place for advertising.
Why should you consider YouTube advertising?
- This platform is a place to easily reach a large number of potential customers
- Ads are shown only to people who are interested in your product or service, unlike TV ads that are shown to everyone
- Audience targeting saves money and increases return on advertising investment.
- You only pay for ads if users view them
- The results are visible in real-time, and it is possible to react quickly in terms of campaign optimization
Ad types supported by the YouTube platform
- Skippable in-stream video ads
- Non-skippable in-stream ads (including bumper ads)
- Display video ads (formerly known as display ads)
- Non-video ads (banners)
Steps to start YouTube advertising
- Make a video in which you present your product or service and upload it to your YouTube channel. It is preferable to have a separate channel for the company.
- Choose your target audience - location, age, interests and other characteristics
- Set a budget - Choose how much you want to invest daily or monthly
- Think about your advertising goals - Ask yourself if you want to make people more aware of your brand, or if you've done this through other advertising channels, simply set the goal of selling a product or getting leads
- Start an advertising campaign with the help of the Google Ads platform
- Track results and optimize your campaign as needed to maximize return on investment
For any questions, advice and help setting up, running, and optimizing YouTube campaigns, please contact our dedicated team. We are at your disposal.Request an offer